Sailing Holidays in Monastery of the Holy Cross - Timiou Stavrou
The monastery of the Holy Cross is located in the east-central part of Samos island. First built in 1582, the monastery is one of the oldest religious constructions of the Island. A big three-aisled basilica with a round dome is the main church. Its north aisle is dedicated to the Well of Life, the middle aisle to the Holy Cross and the south aisle to Saint John the Baptist. In the church there is a superb iconostasis, a gorgeous pulpit and a beautiful bishop’s throne. On 14th of September the monastery's feast is celebrated and welcomes every inhabitant of Samos.