Harbor Argostolíou is on the SW coasts of the namesake bay. The coasts of the harbor are quayed for about 1,425 m NW of the stone bridge at the head of the gulf, which separates it from lagoon Koútavos, and have depths of less than 2.5 m near them. The central wharf of the harbor, 210 m long and with depths of 5.4–6.2 m, is 0.5 miles NW of the above-mentioned bridge.
The Harbor Master`s Office and the Customs House are located in the S part. Immediately NW a small harbor has been built. At a distance of 0.8 miles NW of the root of the stone bridge a passenger quay has been built, with a T - shaped jetty that extends to 200 m NE. Its head is 65 m. long.
Harbor Argostolíou is a port of entry. The harbor can handle vessels with a total length of 150 m and a maximum draught of 6.2 m. The water density is 1025 g/cm3.
A small harbor is located N of harbor Lixouríou, with a width of about 100 m. The small harbor is protected from waves caused by winds from between S and NE by a breakwater of natural boulders, 340 m in length, and by a curved windward breakwater, 200 m in length, which extends NE.
The Municipal theater Kefalos of Kefalonia is located in Argostoli, between the main square and the famous street Plakostroto. It was built in 1857, while Kefalonia was under British rule and it was bombed in 1943 during World War II.