The Municipal theater Kefalos of Kefalonia is located in Argostoli, between the main square and the famous street Plakostroto. It was built in 1857, while Kefalonia was under British rule and it was bombed in 1943 during World War II. Until then, many famous operas and plays were performed. Nowadays, the new theater, hosts many plays and cultural events.
A small harbor is located N of harbor Lixouríou, with a width of about 100 m. The small harbor is protected from waves caused by winds from between S and NE by a breakwater of natural boulders, 340 m in length, and by a curved windward breakwater, 200 m in length, which extends NE.